When you are injured playing sport you need a physiotherapist who is experienced dealing with sporting injuries. A sports physio understands the significant demands placed on an athlete’s body, the stress this places on specific structures, and the injuries that occur with sport-related contact.
Every day we treat and manage athletes of all skill levels from across the Cairns region so they can achieve their performance goals. A sports physio will
- correctly diagnose and treat athletic injuries
- analyse and correct biomechanics to aid recovery and prevent re-injury
- educate on the cause and management of their injury
- prescribe rehab and strengthening programs
Treatment modalities can include
- manual therapy such as massage and joint mobilisation
- heat or cold therapy
- exercise, flexibility and mobility program
- reloading strategies
- biomechanical analysis and correction
- strapping, taping, and bracing
We provide sports training to a range of athletic events and sporting carnivals in Cairns and the Tropical North Queensland region. Our sports trainers are highly motivated and qualified members of our practice. They provide first aid, taping, massage and recovery services so your team can stay happy and healthy both on and off the field.
Our physiotherapists provide comprehensive treatment and management of our associated teams at training and on game days. Our physios help prepare athletes for events, treat any injuries and make sure that all members of the team recover from competition and are performing at their best.
Sports physio plays a major role in injury management and overall athletic performance. PhyxMe provides training and education workshops to Cairns sporting clubs and groups on topics such as warm-up principles, recovery guidelines and injury prevention.