With Senior Physiotherapist Ryan Adam
A comprehensive treatment approach for issues that haven’t significantly improved with previous massage, manipulation, stretching and strength exercise approaches.
This treatment is a physio guided, therapist-client team effort that works toward breaking stubborn, frustrating sycles of long-term pain. Senior physio Ryan Adam provides complex diagnosis explained in simple terms so it makes sense.
Who’s it for?
Any age group frustrated by persistent pain issues that have typically lasted longer than 3 months and not responded well, or for very long, to previous treatment including physio, massage, chiro or osteopathic treatment etc.
- 14 year old soccer player with shin splints, or heel pain.
- 40 year old recreational gym goer and office worker with headaches and neck/shoulder pain.
- 65 year old with Sciatica (nerve related leg pain) or hip to knee joint issues preventing gardening, walking etc.
Common conditions include;
- Neck and back aches, pains and tension.
- Nerve related issues eg cervical radiculopathy and sciatica.
- Frozen shoulder.
- Shoulder & hip joint issues
- Carpal tunnel
- Tennis elbow
- Calf cramps
- Shin splints
- Achilles/heel pain (Severs disease in kids).
- Plantar fasciitis
Note: If patient is not sure about the suitability of your condition, please contact Ryan.
What to expect in your initial appointment?
- Initial interview
- Physical assessment
- Explanation of accurate diagnosis and prognosis of condition.
- Scan results and images are explained properly.
- Activity level modification to settle inflammation then re-build.
- Hands on therapy to decrease tension and muscle spasm where appropriate when significantly inflamed tissues are settling. More is not always better.
- Support taping to offload painful areas and/or restrict aggravating movement.
- Movement and exercise progressions that don’t involve pushing through pain.
- Referral to other health professionals who can assist in breaking pain cycle.
How many sessions will I need?
A customised, three-phase plan is designed and implemented over approx. 2-3 sessions.
Once the plan is in place, several follow up sessions are generally recommended over a 3-6 month period to monitor effects of the plan and to progress exercises, movements and daily activities.
The aim is to give you the control of your pain issue and be confidently self managing within a few months.
What should I do prior to my appointment?
- Bring any relevant scan reports e.g. MRI, CT, Ultrasound, x-ray.
- Complete any questionnaire recommended by your physio and bring in.
- Bring any other relevant information such as previous doctors’ letters regarding issues.
- Wear appropriate clothing that allows physio to assess body easily. For example, shorts and singlets/crop tops are easier to work with than long pants and full-length dresses.