Ryan is a proud family man, experienced physio of 10 years and a Cairns local.
His main areas of interest are the spine, nerve pain and major joints such as the shoulder, hip and knee. He also focuses on treating persistent pain issues that haven’t significantly improved with previous massage, manipulation, stretching and strength exercise approaches. This can involve delving a bit deeper into someone’s pain story and devising an individualised treatment plans to break stubborn pain and tension cycles.
Ryan has experience in strength and conditioning for sport, martial arts (20 years experience in Brazilian Ju Jitsu) and many forms of functional fitness.
Common conditions treated include:
- Acute or long term back, neck, shoulder and hip pain
- Sciatica and Cervical Radiculopathy (pain due to spinal nerve issues)
- Headaches (Trained at the Sydney Headache Institute)
- Pre and post surgery including
- Spinal fusion
- ACL tears/recon
- Joint replacement
- Keyhole surgery
- Sporting injuries in kids and adults
- Strength and functional fitness related pain and injury
- Bachelor of Exercise Science QUT 2005
- Masters in Physiotherapy UQ 2010
- Level 1 Olympic lifting and Crossfit coaching certification.